Sunday, January 08, 2006

Welcome to (another) new blog!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking a look at my recently started blog. I thought I should introduce The Proper Study Of Mankind (a rather grand title, I realise!), and give some indication of the scope of the blog and the sort of content you can expect to see here. Broadly, I’ll try to cover issues about ‘the human condition’ from the naturalistic and scientific perspective of a secular humanist. This covers a lot of ground, but the key areas I’m interested in are the philosophy of mind; moral philosophy; free will; behavioural genetics; development; evolution, and particularly how it relates to understanding human behaviour; religion and it’s intersection with politics, science and wider culture; cognitive science; neuroscience; neuroeconomics and behavioural economics; and anthropology.

I'll try to post as frequently as possible and as current events dictate, and will provide pointers to interesting articles and events as well as providing more detailed analysis of certain topics, and also ruminations of a more general nature.

I hope you enjoy the content and visit often!

Cheers,

Dan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Welcome to the blogsphere!

3:13 pm GMT  
Blogger Dan Jones said...

Cheers coturnix - my first (non-directed) visitor probably!

3:29 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. From what I've read so far this is excellent stuff. Looking forward to further posts.

12:05 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant piece.

This is a topic where many fear to tread for the good reason that any dialogue between reasoned logic and faith is almost impossible.

It will be interesting to see if anyone attempts a faith based rebuttal.

5:32 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home